How do you Reduce the Size of your Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are swollen blood vessels that occur around the anus or lower rectum. They may be internal, which means they develop inside the body or external, forming under the skin around the anus. They generally result from straining during bowel movements due to constipation or diarrhea, pregnancy, and obesity. Long-distance running can frequently cause issues as well.
How do you reduce the size of your hemorrhoids? Here are 10 natural remedies that can help get rid of hemorrhoids quickly.
1) Take papaya seeds. Papaya seeds have an enzyme known as papain that helps break down protein. Place about 12-15 papaya seeds in a glass, add some water and let them soak overnight. Drink the seeds’ liquid the following day on an empty stomach – this will help you get rid of your hemorrhoidal issue faster! You can also grind up about 6-8 seeds into a paste, apply it directly to the affected area, and let it rest there for at least 30-45 minutes before you get in the shower. Keep using the new paste on hemorrhoids until they are completely clean!
2) Apply fresh aloe vera gel directly to your hemorrhoid every single day. It would be best to use real aloe, not store-bought cream with artificial colors and preservatives that do nothing but cause more harm.
3) Eat antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries daily – these help to destroy free radicals that cause hemorrhoids. Free radicals are molecules that damage the cells in our bodies. Antioxidants act as scavengers of free radicals, so they can’t harm cells anymore. They also help to fight them and improve your overall health.
4) Eat turmeric daily – this spice has anti-inflammatory properties that can effectively reduce swelling within one week of use.
5) Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water helps eliminate toxins and waste from the body, so it’s beneficial when dealing with hemorrhoids. Being dehydrated makes them worse, so you need to drink at least eight glasses every day!
6) Include fiber in your diet – hemorrhoids are caused by improper digestion, which means you should eat more fruits and vegetables every day. Fiber acts like a scrubber for your digestive tract, helping food move through faster and getting rid of waste and toxins before they can cause hemorrhoids. Also, stay away from red meat and dairy products as much as possible since they almost always lead to constipation.
7) Eat foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as chia seeds or flaxseeds, daily – these help improve blood circulation, which is one of the leading causes of hemorrhoids. Omega-3 fatty acids also reduce inflammation, so they’ll help you get rid of hemorrhoids faster!
8) Lose weight if you’re overweight – carrying excess weight around your waist puts more pressure on your veins and makes hemorrhoid problems worse. Losing just 20 pounds will alleviate existing issues and significantly reduce the chances of them developing in the future.
9) Use witch hazel every day – witch hazel is a natural astringent that can help to shrink hemorrhoids and relieve inflammation, pain, and itching.
10) Soak in a warm bath for about 15-20 minutes each day. Epsom salt soaks are especially beneficial because they help to reduce swelling and improve blood circulation. Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to warm water and soak for as long as you feel comfortable.
These are just some of the many ways to reduce the size of your hemorrhoids, but none of these treatments are permanent or very effective. If your hemorrhoids are really bothering you, it may be a good idea to see a hemorrhoid specialist who can help you get rid of hemorrhoids and prevent future hemorrhoid flare-ups.
Ask your doctor about HemWell, an FDA-approved, pain-free treatment that’s permanent. If your provider doesn’t offer HemWell, we can assist you in finding one that does. Please visit our website to learn more about this life-changing treatment. Learn more about hemorrhoids.